- Paris Peace Talks that may result in either US or NVA Retreat—or both.
- A building US Anti-War Movement and Northern War Weariness penalizing the continued campaigns.
- US Posture that players influence to allow anything from full-bore US economic and financial backing of ARVN’s defense and even a return of US heavy bombers over the North to utter abandonment of South Vietnam.
- Hard-hitting NVA and ARVN Armor units capable of lightning Spearhead actions and of capturing the enemy’s vehicles to turn around for their own use in the next attack.
- Head-to-head action, NVA versus ARVN, using the acclaimed 2-player Initiative system from COIN Series Volume VII, Colonial Twilight, by Brian Train.
- 72 new Event cards for 1973-1975 and four new Pivotal Events to portray the political struggles in Washington, Hanoi, and Saigon; the building conventional military capabilities of the combatants; NVA probes and ARVN counterthrusts; threatened US enforcement of the Accords by air; and the chaos of the final collapse.
- For solitaire players, Fall of Saigon introduces the popular new card-based Non-player system from Bruce Mansfield, designer of COIN Series Volume IX, Gandhi.
Fall of Saigon will include 79 Event, Pivotal Event, and Coup cards; about 30 Non-player cards; one sheet of counters and track tiles; about 20 added wooden pieces; new and updated player aid charts; and expansion rule and play booklets. Fire in the Lake veterans will find the war beyond Paris easy to rev up but a whole new experience. Fight on and find the end of the tunnel. A copy of Fire in the Lake will be necessary to play the Fall of Saigon expansion.
- Deck of 79 playing cards (Fall of Saigon Events, Coups, Pivotals).
- Deck of 36 playing cards (FoS solitaire system).
- 29 wooden pieces
- 4 double-sided color 11×17” foldout PACs (Fall of Saigon Faction sheets).
- 2 double-sided color 8½x11” PACs (Fall of Saigon Coup Round and Paris Peace sheets).
- 2 double-sided color 11×17” foldout PACs (FoS solitaire system).
- 2 double-sided color 8½x11” PACs (FoS solitaire system).
- 1 Countersheet (US Policy and Initiative track tiles, Fall of Saigon counters).
- Expansion Rules booklet
- Expansion Background booklet
- Solitaire Rules booklet
- Game Box
Development: Jason Carr
Solitaire System: Bruce Mansfield