“You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you.” – General Dwight D. Eisenhower, June 5, 1944
“We’ll start the war from right here.” – Brigadier General Theodore Roosevelt Jr. who landed in the wrong place with the first wave, Utah Beach, June 6, 1944
At 0020 hours on the morning of June 6th, 1944, the first paratroopers of the 101st Airborne Division began landing behind enemy lines on the Cotentin Peninsula. They were quickly followed by the paratroopers of the 82nd Airborne Division, in what is now immortalized as The Greatest Day. By the end of the day, over 13,000 paratroopers and 20,000 Soldiers of the VII US Army Corps would be in France, holding the right flank of the D-Day invasion at Utah Beach.
The Greatest Day: Utah Beach is the second of three volumes in the Grand Tactical Series that covers the Battle for Normandy in June of 1944.
We at Multi-Man Publishing are proud to present our tribute to the brave men of yesteryear, who fought on Utah Beach and in the hedgerows of the Cotentin Peninsula. The Greatest Day: Utah Beach includes a wide array of scenarios from the beach landings, to airborne troops seizing Carentan, to cutting the Cotentin Peninsula. There are small 8.5”x11” scenarios up to full campaign games stretching across the entire peninsula.
The Greatest Day: Utah Beach will be packaged in the same type of large flat box that was used for The Greatest Day: Sword, Juno, and Gold Beaches.
Unit Scale: Company and Platoon
Hex Scale: 500 Meters
Time Scale: 2-Hour Turns
- One full color Grand Tactical Series Rulebook 2.0c
- One full color The Greatest Day: Utah Beach Exclusive Rules
- One full color The Greatest Day: Utah Beach Scenarios booklet
- One GTS Rules Summary
- Sixteen full color counter sheets (5/8” counters)
- One full color half counter sheet (5/8” counters)
- Two full color 22”x34” map sheets
- Two full color double-sided 22” x 34” map sheets
- One full color 11” x 34” double-sided map sheet
- Four 8.5” x 11” full color scenario maps/overlays
- Two full color double-sided CRT/TEC Note player aid cards
- Two full color double-sided Terrain Effects Chart player aid cards
- Thirteen full color Divisional Charts
- One full color Turn Record Chart
- Four 10-sided dice
- One 6-sided die